5.8.12

All my Misatos


With the recent announcement by Junko Wong that at the end of the year there will be an Ayanami Rei Neo Blythe doll, I thought about showing my Misato figurine collection.

Misato is one of my all time favourite anime characters, her personality is a lot like mine, and I like her story and character design. The clothes are OK, but too plain for me, I prefer a more extravagant fashion sense, like Yuuko Ichihara from xxxHOLiC, another of my favourite anime/manga characters. Rei Ayanami, the soon to be released Neo Blythe, is the First Children (the misspell is official) of the anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion. Both work for NERV, a super secret paramilitary organization that defends Tokyo III from the Angels' destructive attacks. There's a lot more to this story, but this is my toy blog.

It's a quite small collection, I aim to own most commercially released Misato figurines and dolls, but they usually don't release many, focusing more on Asuka Langley or Rei Ayanami, not even so much on the protagonist, Shinji Ikari. But my budget is apparently forever limited and some became really hard to get. In time I may complete my collection.

1. The only expensive figurine I've got, this is a PVC edition of a resin garage kit, based on one of the manga illustrations. It is really well made, it doesn't fall apart at all, and I like all the details very much, including the NERV logo on the base.
2. This is a gachapon PVC figurine, maybe the most poorly made I own, she falls apart all the time so much that someday I'll glue her! I like her pose and casual clothes, as they're not very often seen.
3. Another gachapon PVC figurine, I like this one very much as it is a classical Misato pose and outfit. Sadly she stood for too long like this, under hot spotlights, at the store I bought her, and her legs are bent forward and she's hard to keep standing. She'll need a bit of hair dryer treatment someday...
4. A PVC SD figurine, from a Halloween collection by SEGA (2006). Not my favourite figurine, but I think she's cute with her mischievous expression and I love that they remembered her chest scar.
5. Another PVC SD figurine, from a summer/swimming pool collection by SEGA (2006). One of my favourites, love Misato's facial expression, pose and the beer can detail!
6. A PVC SD figurine, from a Zodiac/planets collection by SEGA. The first Misato figurine I bought and still my favourite! When I heard of this collection I was afraid that Misato would end up with a Zodiac sign not close to my own, or to my liking, but luckily she ended with the "spare" Moon concept. I love her pose and the moon crescent that glows in the dark.
7. A gachapon PVC figurine, with the red manga dress. One of her arms keeps falling off, early gachapon figurines never had these problems, but it seems all my Misato gachapons are the only ones I own with problems...
8. A PVC SD figurine, from the second Zodiac collection, by SEGA. This one is my sign, Taurus! I love how this shows perfectly Misato's fun side and the beer mug on top of the Angel's head! The star base also glows in the dark.

The NERV logo in the back belongs to the NERV tote bag I made myself. At the time there were some NERV totes at COSPA.com, but there was none with Misato and the NERV logo was on the back (the red one had Asuka in the front and the blue one Rei). So I decided to make one. I made the tote out of black canvas, lined with red poplin and "printed" the logo with the aid of a mask, cut out in a vinyl plotter, that I glued to the canvas bag and then painted with common fabric paint. I painted many layers, so it looks like it was made with silkscreen.



 

Todas as minhas Misatos



Com o recente anúncio de Junko Wong que irá sair uma Neo Blythe da Ayanami Rei no final do ano, lembrei-me de mostrar a minha colecção de figuras da Misato.

A Misato é uma das minhas personagens preferidas de sempre do anime, as personalidade dela é bastante parecida com a minha e gosto da sua história e design. As roupas estão bem, mas são demasiado simples para mim, prefiro um estilo de roupa mais estravagante, como a Yuuko Ichihara de xxxHOLiC, outra personagem preferida do anime/manga. A Rei Ayanami, a Neo Blythe prestes a ser lançada, é a First Children (o erro ortográfico é oficial) da série de anime Neon Genesis Evangelion. Ambas trabalham para a NERV, uma organização paramilitar super secreta que defende Tokyo III dos ataques destrutivos dos Anjos. Esta história vai muito mais além, mas este é o meu blog de brinquedos.

É uma colecção pequena, gostaria de ter a maioria das figuras e bonecas da Misato lançadas comercialmente, mas não é costume lançarem muitas, concentrando-se mais na Asuka Langley ou na Rei Ayanami, e também nem tanto no protagonista, Shinji Ikari. Mas o meu orçamento é aparentemente limitado para sempre e algumas tornaram-se muito difíceis de encontrar. Com tempo sou capaz de completar a minha colecção.

1. A única figura mais cara que tenho, é uma edição em PVC de um garage kit de resina, baseada numa das ilustrações da manga. É muito bem feita, não se desmonta de todo, e gosto muito de todos os detalhes, incluindo o logótipo da NERV na base.
2. Esta é uma figura gachapon de PVC, talvez a mais mal feita de todas as que tenho, desmonta-se com tanta facilidade que um dia hei-de colá-la! Gosto da pose e das roupas mais descontraídas, pois é raro vê-la com essas roupas.
3. Outra figura gachapon em PVC, Gosto muito desta pois ésão uma pose e fato clássico da Misato. Infelizmente ela esteve demasiado tempo nesta posição, debaixo de luzes quentes, na loja onde a comprei, e as pernas dela estão curvadas para a frente e é difícil mantê-la em equilíbrio. Um dia vai precisar de tratamento secador de cabelo...
4. Uma figura PVC SD, de uma colecção de Halloween da SEGA (2006). Não é a minha figura preferida, mas acho-a gira com a sua expressão maliciosa e adoro que se lembraram da cicatriz que ela tem no abdomen.
5. Outra figura PVC SD, de uma colecção de Verão/piscina da SEGA (2006). Uma das minhas preferidas, adoro a expressão facial e pose da Misato e do detalhe da lata de cerveja!
6. Uma figura PVC SD, de uma colecção do Zodíaco/planetas da SEGA. A primeira figura da Misato que comprei e ainda a minha preferida! Quando soube desta colecção tive receio de a Misato acabar num signo que não tevesse a ver comigo, mas felizmente ela acabou com o conceito "extra" de Lua. Adoro a pose e o quarto de Lua que brilha no escuro.
7. Uma figura gachapon de PVC, com o vestido vermelho da manga. Um dos braços está sempre a cair, as figuras gachapon mais antigas nunca tinham estes problemas, aparentemente todos os meus gachapons da Misato são os únicos que tenho com problemas...
8. Uma figura PVC SD, da segunda colecção do Zodíaco da SEGA. Esta é o meu signo, Touro! Adoro como esta figura mostra tão bem o lado divertido da Misato e da caneca de cerveja em cima da cabeça do Anjo! A base em forma de estrela também brilha no escuro.

O logótipo da NERV no fundo pertence ao meu saco que fiz. Naquela época havia uns sacos assim na COSPA.com, mas não havia nenhum com a Misato e o logo da NERV estava na parte de trás (o saco vermelho tinha a Asuka na frente e o azul a Rei). Então decidi fazer um. Fiz o saco com lona preta, forrada a cambraia vermelha e "imprimi" o logo com a ajuda de uma máscara, cortada numa plotter de vinil, que colei ao saco e pintei com tinta de tecido normal. Pintei várias camadas, portanto parece que foi impresso como uma serigrafia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...